pump or syphon to extrract bathwater?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hallo,

bath on ground floor, garden on ground floor. want to use bathwater for the garden.

what un-mechanical device should i use to get the water from the bath to flow up and through the window back down into the garden? am thinking bicycle pump-type thinggy to set off water-flow and then just leave until bath is empty?

have seen one small pump for use with black & decker drill but dont really want a fiddly mechanical job. How do nasty people syphon petrol from a tank - they surely dont have a black & decker to hand..........?

thanks

karaman

Sponsored Links
For siphonic action to work, the destination vessel needs to be significantly below the vessel of origin.

Sponsored Links
Non mechanical, totally manual:

small-5lt-bucket-[2]-127-p.jpg

thank you one and all, both useful and funny.

i think i'll use the bathwater to flush the loo via the non-mechanical, manual implement.

thanks again

karaman

Have you tried just sucking on a hose pipe (minimium length possible for the task) just to see if there's enough in it to support the syphon? You might be surprised to find it will work, albeit probably quite slowly...

You might, however, want to consider what's in the bath (I'm thinking soap, additives, etc) and whether it's any good for your garden. I'm no expert on these things but I thought it worth offering up for consideration.

Mathew

thanks matthew,

ll give it a go - most plants are so parched the poor things would be grateful for a bit of water with or without soap added but i was going to use the water to clean the large patio, driveway, car, etc

thanks

karaman

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back