?pump over run problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a power flush a few weeks ago, and posted some problems that I had been having on this forum which have (almost) been sorted. Another query has cropped up and need some advice. I had a new pump fitted at the time of the power flush as old one was all gunged up. Before the PF and new pump the over run used to happen after each boiler shut down when heating on. It took me a while to realise that this is not happening now EXCEPT when I have turned the hall thermostat up a notch to warm up a bit more, mostly when I get up in the morning as we leave the heating on at night in the winter with the thermostat turned down 2 or 3 degrees. As I said after the boiler has done its job and turns off then the pump will run over but at all other times it won't. Is something wrong here? It is an 18 yr old Glow Worm conventional boiler in good condition, the boiler thermostat is midway as it has always been.
Also the new pump is an SMC Gold which I have since found out is no longer made so must have been old stock, not a problem as it works. How does one bleed these? There is no bleed screw but a octagonal bolt head which feels like it is plastic, it can be turned about 2mm by hand. Is this a cover with someting else under it or can you safely get a spanner to it? I don't want to try and force it until I know what I am doing. I can't find any info on this pump searching the internet.

Sponsored Links
Unscrew a couple of turns and air is suppose to come out.

They usually self vent so rarely get any air.

Odd having such an old pump fitted new though.

Tony

Dont concern yourself with the over run timing , your system is flowing a lot easier now and can remove the heat faster so the over run time will be different

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back