Pump and over run

Yes - I think it's a faulty Digistat too but the plumber is saying its all the electrics that are wrong and he wants us to rewire everything. I told him that the thermostat worked fine until he fitted the new Digistat - really cross as now I will have to call someone else out to fit yet another Digistat.

Sponsored Links
Sorry mogget - thought you were talking about the boiler - yes the little flame on the thermostat goes on and off.

Definitely a faulty digistat.

If you have the receiver (SCR) and thermostat (transmitter) on the wall, replacement is a relatively easy DIY job which just involves fitting a new transmitter, and re-binding with the receiver so the receiver recognises the new stat. Instructions on binding will come with the new stat, but make sure it's the same model exactly.

Rewiring the pump will solve nothing and cost you electricity.

If the receiver is integrated into the boiler, things could get a little more complicated.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for all the help - you have confirmed my suspicions. Grrrr - I think the plumber didn't want to go to the bother of replacing so was looking for excuses.

Thanks again :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back