pump permanently running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump has decided to run 24hr even with programmer set to HW and CH off. The boiler is a potterton suprima and I have two 2 port valves, what d'ya think lads?

Sponsored Links
I think you haven't yet checked to see if one of the motorised valves is stuck open.

one of the valves is faulty, possibly the heating valve.

Just had the exact same problem this morning

Sponsored Links
That's weird, came home from work to test the valves as you suggested (both made wirring noises when activated by programmer) let the hot water heat up for an hour and now the pump is shutting off correctly. I've been on holiday for 10 days, do you think that one of the valves might have got slightly seized? both valves are mounted in vertically running pipes

could be an intermittently sticking valve, the pipes and boiler will all be hot if that's the case or it could be a faulty pcb as it has a pump live so will power the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back