Pump washer size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry i know this is probably a stupid question but i want to make sure i get the right size washer! ... i took my pump out today, after isloating the valves either side, and when replaced, a small dribble leaked from the top union nut. so the washer seal has been broken! what size washer do i ned to buy and what type of washer... i can't see them anywhere on screwfix!
My pump is a standard grundfos by the way. 15/50.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for that. i think they are reddish in colour. what is epdm? never heard of them before!

do wickes stock them usually? where can i get some from.?

epdm is rubber ones they useally come with a pump.

any plumbing merchant, or they come with pump valves.

if your in a rush buy two pump valves from screwfix. only cheap.

Sponsored Links
For future ease of changing use the rubber ones and just nip them up no need to hang on the grips when tightening them up

the originals were fibre type.

sorry for my ignorance, but when you say nip them and no need to hang, you mean just tighten gently and not overdo it??

thanks for helping guys.

ok, will do, then when i undo the iso vales, if there is a slight dribble, will just nip them up a tiny bit more!! :D
but won't overtighten!!

Literally just over hand tight with rubber washers. Spread some non-setting silicon grease on the pump threads and it will almost fall out if you have to change it again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back