pump will not turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can any body help me! I had an extension built just over a year ago. I had a new boiler, pump, 2 new 2 way valves and a new cylinder. I noticed a little while ago that when my heating and hot water go off from the controller the pump stays on and the boiler keeps heating. My heating and hot water go off so my valves seem to be working properly. The only way the pump turns of is if I turn the thermostats down on the heating and the hot water a few minutes before the controller turns them off. it then goes off. if the valves are open when the controller turns off the pump stays on and boiler continues to heat. Any suggestions? Thanks. Dave

Sponsored Links
have you checked that both valves are working properly ?
when you say the programmer gos off, are both the valves shutting ?
shut - both levers will have resistance on them.

It would help if you told us what boiler, system, valves and controls you have installed :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi, it is a Glow worm Ultra com 24HXI boiler a gravity system with a header tank in the loft and the valves are two seperate 2 way valves one for heating one for water. Hope this is enough info. Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back