I cannot turn my pump and boiler off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new boiler (glowworm ultracom 24 hx1) fitted with a new pump, hot water cylinder and 2 2 way valves fitted just over a year ago. I noticed around christmas that even though the hot water and heating is off my pump keeps running and my boiler keeps firing up. The valves are working properly as is the downstairs thermostat. The pump still runs all the time. the boiler keeps firing up to 70c. The radiators stay cold and the cylinder is cold when the programmer is turned off. I have changed the programmer but this hasn't worked. my gas usage has gone through the roof. Can anybody help me. Thanks. Dave

Sponsored Links
Very likely a microswitch in one of the motorised valves is sticking. turn power off open up the junction box and disconnect one orange wire at a time ,then turn power back on and see which one stops boiler and pump

hI. I HAVE DISCOVERED ONE WAY TO TURN THE PUMP OFF. IF I HAVE THE THERMOSTATS LOW SO THE 2 WAY VALVES CLOSE, THEN TURN THE BOILER OFF AT THE MAINS, WHEN THE BOILER IS TURNED BACK ON THE PUMP GORES OFF. BUT THIS ONLY HAPPENS IF THE HEATING AND WATER IS SWITCHED OFF. HAVE I GOT FAULTY VALVES? DAVE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back