pumps used in takeaway shops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

In ref to the topic above for the guys who have experience of working in these establishments what type of pumps have you come across..

The reason I ask is that I have been to a shop to disconnect / reconnect the flex from the pump to the switched spur 3 times in a month as the pump has stopped working..The same pump has been installed each time (by a different company)

The smell is so bad I havent hung around to make a note of the model of the pump etc so my bad in that respect however it would seem that it isnt robust enough to deal with thick fat from the kebab grill which is basically all over the floor and the machine each time I arrive at this place..

I'm no expert on pumps but mine and my senior colleague think that the pump cant deal with the thickness of the fat and the pump is clogged up..

The pump just sits on the deck and is about 500mm in size maximum..

Sponsored Links
The pump should be wired from an industrial plug and socket.
It might have been probably specified and installed by a cowboy perhaps???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back