Purchasing In America Wii, 360 PS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was considering purchasing a wii, or 360 in America. Apart from the voltage difference (get an adaptor) would these consoles work in the UK. Is there an issue with PAL and NTSC.

Thanks for your help

M

Sponsored Links
Check that the games will work by doing a search online. I'm sure I heard somewhere that the games are a bit like regions on dvds. So UK games wont work on US consoles.

I could be completely wrong though as I cant remember where I heard it! :D

Quite a few games are region free, otherwise you will need to get games compatible to the region of your console, one advantage (if you don't mind mail order for games) is that games can be a lot cheaper, you'll still be able to sell them on ebay although you'll have problems (if they're not region free) if you try to exchange them in gamestation or similar. Heres a great site I've used regularly: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-f5-49-en.html

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys for the response.

I also heard that the games would be based on region, thus wouldn't work on UK consoles.

Looks like i'm paying the full price (if I can get hold of one)

Ta

M

ouch!

Looks like I will be spending my pennies on something else then

Cheers

M

I don’t know the procedure, how easy it is or if there is a minimum limit but you can get local tax refunded in the country of purchase, much like the duty free shops we have here for London tourists. You will still have to pay duty & UK VAT but at least you won’t be taxed twice. You could chance your arm but, personally, I wouldn’t be tempted to smuggle it in. Customs take a dim view & are nowhere near as lenient & user friendly as they used to be & if you get caught, you could end up paying the duty, VAT, a fine & have the goods confiscated so you end up with nothing!

Sponsored Links
Back