Purlin advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
moved into a new house, well a 1900s mid terrace,

A purlin resting on one of the party walls need better support - the brick that it is resting on has cracked, and dropped about an inch, because the brick below this brick is missing.

The roof is of a purlin design, and has two purlins on each side of the ridge of the roof. Its the higher of the two that is the problem.

Can i just fill the missing brick with a concrete mix, the roof hasnt sagged or anything, or would it be better to use acros and take the broken brick out and replace?

If using acros, can i get away with just an acro in the loft on scaffold planks, with me having another purlin further down the roof? or do i need to support from the ground floor AND cellar too?

Sponsored Links
Just fill in the gaps. Given the time it was built, it's not going to move much more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back