Push Fit Fittings

gas4you said:
Tectite professional or whatever they are called also keep the electrical continuity for bonding.
I very much doubt that. What's the resistance of the joint between the pipe and the fitting after both have become scaled up?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
gas4you said:
Tectite professional or whatever they are called also keep the electrical continuity for bonding.
I very much doubt that. What's the resistance of the joint between the pipe and the fitting after both have become scaled up?

I don't know about this factor, but wouldn't the scale form over the continuity joint rather than between it?, if you get what I mean.

I've tested the new fittings in Plumb with my Megger as I didn't believe the claim at first. it was perfect.

gas4you said:
I don't know about this factor, but wouldn't the scale form over the continuity joint rather than between it?, if you get what I mean.
Yes I get what you mean, but it isn't an interference fit between tube and fitting, so at the very least I would expect oxidising.

I've tested the new fittings in Plumb with my Megger as I didn't believe the claim at first. it was perfect.
New fittings? Wouldn't they be all fresh and shiny and new? And what resistance measurement did you get?

I just got full continuity 0, as you say you wouldn't really expect anything else on a new fitting, but it did still surprise me.

I will bear in mind your oxidising comments. I don't use that many of them, just in awkward places such as tight eaves etc for pipe drops where I feel a blow torch is too risky.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
I just got full continuity 0, as you say you wouldn't really expect anything else on a new fitting, but it did still surprise me.
Presumably that's zero Ohms, but at what range?

What is going on with this site :eek: I posted the above reply ages ago and Softus questioned it, so how is it now thw latest post :rolleyes:

I am getting a bit fed up with this site crashing when I post a reply and then have to re-post it, or some other error message. Have the site admin not got enough bandwidth with their site hosters to cope with demand etc :eek:

Softus, Tectite Pro are specfically designed to maintain continuity.

Tectite is by far the best push-fit range, although you must check that the merchant gives you 15mm when asked for - the nukmber of times I have been trying to force 15mm copper into a 14mm fitting. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I personally have no worried about using it on any water system - I have lots on mine at home and both my brother's houses are completely done in it.

However, I still love the look and feel of a neatly soldered bit of pipe work.

Dan_Robinson said:
Softus, Tectite Pro are specfically designed to maintain continuity.
That I did not know, so I stand corrected. Apologies to anyone I inadvertently misled.

However, I still love the look and feel of a neatly soldered bit of pipe work.
Me too, and quite unashamedly. However, not every choice of fitting is purely aesthetic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back