push fit flexi hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a complete novice,can someone tell me ,do flexi push fit hoses just screw onto the tap at one end and then just push onto the water supply at the other end?Thanks. :confused:

Sponsored Links
those are called the push-fit ones.

others have a compression joint to fasten to the existing copper pipe.

Sponsored Links
timmy74 said:
do the ones with fibre washers always leak or is it just to me :cry: :cry:

blimey it is just you

never happens to me ever, no matter what any one says

:)

;)

I find it's the ones without the fibre washer that leak :oops:

timmy74 said:
do the ones with fibre washers always leak or is it just to me :cry: :cry:
It isn't just you - it also happens to all the builder of all the houses where I go to replace the crushed, twisted, mangled and pulped fibre washers. :D

Thanks for all your replys.I'm getting a bit scared now.Think i might go and have a lie down. :(

i guess what TEMPO is asking is do you need to use ptfe on the compression part of the connector to the tap. i would like to know too please :?:

michb said:
i guess what TEMPO is asking is do you need to use ptfe on the compression part of the connector to the tap.
Well, (a) no, and (b) it isn't called a compression connector, because it seals with a washer onto the flat part of the tap tail end.

Sometimes people use a nut and olive onto plain tube, instead of a tap connector - this would be a compression connection, and some people do use PTFE tape in that situation.

Tip - sometimes the end of the tap is really sharp. Those do go through fibre washers easily. A few strokes of the file on my penknife solves it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back