Push toilet overrun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I ve had a B&Q toilet for a while now, say at least 5 months. I've noticed that over the last few weeks it's starting to take longer and longer to stop after a flush. It over runs down the centre flush tube.

At the left hand side where the water come in I have a tube with an attachment with a grey screw. This was the setting to stop the over run just before the water reached the top of the pipe. No mater what setting I screw to it over runs for about 3 mins before stopping.

It's not the ball float system

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Water overflowing after a flush "not the ball float system".
Says who?

That's what lets water in, that's what stops the water coming in. It's not doing the latter when it should be, by the sounds of it.

Water overflowing after a flush "not the ball float system".
Says who?

That's what lets water in, that's what stops the water coming in. It's not doing the latter when it should be, by the sounds of it.

I think he means that it isnt the old ball float system that he has but the newer inlet valves that dont have the ball float,

A picture says a thousand words.

It could have debris on the washer. Did it come with any instructions for flushing through?

Sponsored Links
If you lift the cistern lid, there's a blue plastic type slider inside a tube - lay mans terms. You will prob find it's sticking, and staying up, and allowing water to be dumped straight in the pan. Like Charnwood said, check for debris, I sorted my bros by spraying some silicone spray over the plastic surfaces.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back