Putting a Fence on Low Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am thinking of putting up fences (6x4ft) on top of my low wall (about two bricks high from the ground).

I was going to use these (https://www.in-excess.com/products/...pport-75mm-x-75mm?_pos=7&_sid=fab7a6857&_ss=r) post supports to bolt down on top of the wall. One side of the wall is only single brick width and adjacent wall is double brick witdth.

My concern is using these bolts (https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-...-steel-concrete-bolts-m8-x-80mm-10-pack/8275p) on the single brick width wall might cause the brick to break apart. Would this be OK ? or not

Side note I don't have access to the other side of the wall, as one side it butt up against my neighbour's shed and the adjacent wall is butt against my shed.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts / opinions.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Quite likely to fail at some point, the bricks on the top where the bolts are attached will work loose or crack. If you've ever seen a fence bellowing in a gale then you'll know what a strain it will put on the bricks.

If you wanted to demolish a wall, fixing 4-ft levers to it and pushing on the levers, would make it quite easy.

Quite likely to fail at some point, the bricks on the top where the bolts are attached will work loose or crack. If you've ever seen a fence bellowing in a gale then you'll know what a strain it will put on the bricks.

Hi Freddie, ah ok, but won't the sheds act as an windbreaker for fences since they so close to each other?

Sponsored Links
Is the only fence you're putting up right next to the shed then?

Yes, so half of the wall is the boundry wall to my neighbour which he got a shed/ garage about 5 feet high and at the end of the wall it turns 90° into my garden and my shed about the (same height) which goes roughly the same length as the wall. do you get what I mean ? happy to sketch it out.

Sketch would help us all.

Here's a sketch, I hope it gives you a better understanding.

Garden Wall.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back