Putting pressure back in Ideal C80FF Boiler having bled rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.............

First time on this forum so I hope someone can help me and that this post is in the right place??

I have just moved into a new place and had my boiler inspected and all OK!!

A couple of days later I switched all the radiators on for this first time, only to find that they only heat up about the bottom 6 inchesof the rads! I was told to bleed them, which i did until a little water escaped. DONE!!!

Problem now, my boiler pressure which did read 1 bar now reads 0. NOT GOOD!! The million dollar question, is does anyone know how to re-pressurise an Ideal Combi C80FF Boiler, I really hope so........

Thanks people, and praying for an answer, thank you!!!

Sponsored Links
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't think I got one of those filling loops, could it be possible that the engineer took it off?

And if I did have one, not sure where I would connect it? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Theres definately no pipes lying about, so maybe my landlady has it, I will ask her tonight otherwise i can purchase one and do it myself, good man, thanks for all your help Kev :)

I suppose the second question would be, if the engineer had only been and tested it a few days before and gave it all the A OK!!! Why was there so much air in the system, that it needing bleeding in the first place!! :confused:

If it's loads a leak, otherwise, if it smelt rather unpleasant, corrosion gas from rusting rads.

well yeah there was loads of air from the radiators so probably a leak i would have thought. It didnt seem to smell at all but on one of the rads in the lounge, the water that came out was really black :confused:

Can you post a picture of the pipes under the boiler?

I'm at work at the moment, but I will do that for you tonight Chris, if your'll be about to help that would be brilliant, probs about 7pm?? :)

Will have to find my tools, will that do the trick and then when it reaches 1 bar or 1.2 shut it back up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back