Quadrant tiles round bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

Am doing up the bathroom and have got a question for you: i have put in one of those ridiculously overpriced Cristal quadrant trims around the bath, and i have noticed that the gap between these new tiles is quite large - up to 8mm (btw this is the gap between the quadrant tiles, not the gap between the quadrants and normal wall tiles / bath)

What should i use to fill the gap? The quadrant tiles are fixed to the wall tiles / bath with the silicone sealant that came in the pack, but i don't know whether i should use it to go in between or not because the gap is so big! should i use a grout instead?

I have a tube of BAL silicone and a pack of powdered water-resistant grout kicking around somewhere, and would prefer not to have to go shopping again...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Seems strange. I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of that before giving out any advice.
I'm taking it that these quadrants are much smaller than the other tiles? You could have started fitting these quadrant tiles so that they purposly don't line up with the grout joints in the regular tiles. That way you could have kept the gap the same.

weird isn't it - on the quadrants packaging it states they have a "nominal size" of 150 mm width but a "work size" of 147mm.

The wall tiles are 150x150 (with only a 1mm grout line by the way)! so they would have matched up if the quadrants were also 150 instead of 147 - i wanted the quadrants to line up with the wall tiles to keep them neat. No camera i'm afraid, so can't take a piccy!

the largest gap is actually 7mm, which isn't the end of the world. I just don't understand why the quadrant tiles are only made 147 wide. Seems silly to me!

cheers

harry

Sponsored Links
Well seeing as though you've done it, grout em. I wouldn't silicone them in between. Reckon it would have looked better if you'd had put them on like I said though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back