Quality of hidden work - Sign of Competence?

Sponsored Links
I did bring that up when I posted elsewhere. I had run out of sleeving large enough. :oops: I have a large bundle of it on the van now though!

Sponsored Links
D: It's all that is available from the wholesalers around here! I have little reels for 2,3 and 4mm sleeving though!

Large diameter sleeving over a 10mm core looks tat when you bend though, unless heat shrink. A couple bands of tape would do me TBH, I wouldn't tape the whole thing.

6mm sleeving is not much bigger than a 10mm² wire, so it shouldn't kink, I know an armour the od of the wire will be be a little bit smaller than the one in the photo but it's still ok. The cable in the photo is 16mm² and was a snug fit for the 6mm blue sleeve.
echo sleeve e.jpg

I worked with a guy once who would strip the insulation off some 10mm² GY to sleeve the 6mm² earth in 16mm² T+E, that was a bit rough.

I agree though, that sleeving looks fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back