Question abput twin shower pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I will be putting in a new bathroom in a months time & not sure if the pump I am planning to get will do what I want it to. I was thinking of getting either a Stuart Turner monsoon twin 3 bar or a Salamander 3 bar pump as the shower panel I have needs a minimum 1.5 bar to work as has built in jets.

If I use either of these makes of pump will the hot water be also boosted to all the taps in the house as I'm not sure if the pumps will pump hot water only if needed or will it only work when the shower is turned on so hot & cold are being pumped to the shower panel. I cant find anything on either of their sites to say each supply has its own pump & I dont need to have both running at the same time.

Sponsored Links
A twin pump will spin both sides at the same time, and that's OK. You really need to run separate dedicated feeds from the pump to the shower though rather than trying to use it to boost your hot water to the whole house.

What is the maximum flow rate and minimum operating pressure for the shower panel you're intending to buy? You might find that the 3 bar twin isn't good enough...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back