Question on doitall's piping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Doitall

I think you posted a photo of your piping showing several pipes laid under floorboards, looked very neat with each notches cut exactly right to take the copper pipes.

I think you had one pipe underneath each floor board. My question, why didn't make notches a bit bigger to put two pipes together in each notch.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
gastight said:
Hi Doitall

I think you posted a photo of your piping showing several pipes laid under floorboards, looked very neat with each notches cut exactly right to take the copper pipes.

I think you had one pipe underneath each floor board. My question, why didn't make notches a bit bigger to put two pipes together in each notch.

Thanks

As BAHCO did say it is 2 under each board, but as the floor is now having 1200 x 2400 plysheets them is all under the same board :LOL:

Why do I cut them all seperately instead of chopping half the joist away and tipping the pipes in the trench house basher style :?:

Same reason why I line each notch with Armaflex lagging tape.

Its called profesional pride, and why were fully booked for the next 12months.

Doitall,

Can you could from time to time post pictures of your installations to reminds us how it should be done.
Thats if you have the time or the inclination

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
.................Why do I cut them all seperately instead of chopping half the joist away and tipping the pipes in the trench house basher style :?:

Same reason why I line each notch with Armaflex lagging tape.

Its called profesional pride, and why were fully booked for the next 12months.

(Gastight, don't mention the scorched joist :LOL: )

DIA, What make of gate valves did you use for the pumps? Is it appearance or are they better than 1) other gate valves, 2) 1/4 turn ball valves. What do you cover the lagging with on the heating pipes? That looks really industrial. Loads better than usual grey lagging with odd bits of insulating tape. What's your view of plastic pipes under the floor boards? (What to do about joints for instance).

When's your book coming out on how to do posh jobs? I don't do much plumbing, but what I do I expect to look good. I can't go fast enough to do cheap jobs, and the number of comments I hear from customers who have had cheap jobs and wish they hadn't , tells me the posh way is better.

oilman said:
tells me the posh way is better.

trouble is people only know that AFTER they have had the cheapo job, because they think the "posh job" is too expensive. But get your self a good reputation by only doing "posh jobs" and you too will have more work than you want, but never bite off more than you can chew

Scruff-tdr07.jpg

Scruff-tdr020.jpg

sort that out :LOL: :LOL:

Pump valve are Hattersley, the red ones are what they deliver :LOL:

Scorch marks, you don't mean the water where I wash thef lux off with a spray and damp cloth :confused: :confused:

Lagging is fibreglass with plastic cladding we use it in plant rooms, or high level exposed pipework, but mostly we use the silverback fibreglass.

Plastic pipe :oops:

Do use it for the odd pipe like a garden tap :LOL:

Thanks for the tips breezer and doitall, much appreciated.

that is lovely pipework, nice to see someone who takes such pride in their work.

It really is nice to see.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back