question re fitting replacment PIR sensors for alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bougt 5 pet immune PIR sensors for my fitted house alarm so that the dog doesnt cause any false alarms and i will no longer need to omit half the house!

The wiring looks straight forward, i will just copy the wiring set up with the exisitng PIR's but the only difference between the two is that the new ones have an additional wiring point shown as RLED - there is a jumper on the board which you can use to select RLED off.

If i do this will i get no LED at all on the sensor all will it be powered by the alarm instead of remotely.

The new PIR's are Texecom 3D Petwise if this helps.

Sponsored Links
sawm24 said:
If i do this will i get no LED at all on the sensor all will it be powered by the alarm instead of remotely.

The new PIR's are Texecom 3D Petwise if this helps.

try it and see.

inceidentally there is no such thing as a "pet detector" well there is, they all detect pets :LOL:

try them for a few months and let us know what happens, to be honest they are rubbish, (i am not even going to comment on the brand) what will happen when your dog jumps up?

The sales literature claimed that they would not be set off by any pet under 80lbs in weight which they equated to one large dog or 7 cats.

the PDF marketing brochure is here

http://www.texecom.com/document.php?docid=2

I will let you know how i get on, fingers crossed.

answer me this then.

the detector claims not to see anything under 80lbs, how can it weigh something?

answer it can not.

the only thing it can do is not to look at the floor (and slightly above the floor) what happens when your dog sees the daily meal (post man) what if he jumps up? he is now (acording to the detector) no longer 80 lbs, since he is taller (so must be heavier)

quick but true:

bloke, pete immune detector, alarm still goes off, detector changed, alarm still goes off, bloke really upset, bloke comes home early, alarm going off, finds cat on back of setee. bloke apologises, has detector removed

Sponsored Links
i'm not saying you are wrong, i havent tried these things out yet but the manufacturers are trying to claim that these sensors do not rely on missing out the area near the floor but instead "new tecnology"

This is from their site,

Widely regarded by our customers to out-perform all other pet immune detectors, the 3D-PetWise can
actually see the difference between humans and animals. The world’s first genuine pet immune detector
utilising Texecom’s patented holographic optics incorporates unique infrared beam shaping technology.
This ensures optimum sensitivity even in the lower zones resulting in totally reliable detection performance.

Loke i said this might be all a load of balls but since i've bought them i will give it a go.

Totally agree with Breezer, all they do is shield a certain amount of the lens to prevent it reaching floor level. I have a notion perhaps it picks nothing up its a dummy one.
Good luck hope its not a cat or big dog your trying not to pick up

does anyone know if they use the same one piece sensor in them or something which can distinguish regions?

how do you mean?

i am going to guess here, but i should say it is to do with its lens, as i said before, it will not be able to to see close to the floor, since obviously it can not weigh anything.
i will also guess it was cheap to buy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back