Question ref: overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've spent an hour or so looking through the threads and can't seem to find an answer.

System is 3 years old

Boiler is an ICOS HE15

Water Tank/Heater is an OSO Indirect 20RI system

A red tank to take care of the water pressure. This has a black arm sitting at 1 bar permenantly and a red arm sitting at 2 bar permenantly in the same dial. I don't think this is anything to do with my problem?

There is a metal overflow pipe at ground level with a plastic casing and a small cage round it. I'm assuming this is the overflow/discharge pipe from the hot water tank that comes from the Tundish?

This seems to be dripping. It's not constant and at the moment it does seem random, I can't even pin it down to when the Hot water is on or off. We've not had the CH on since I noticed it so I assume I can rule that out.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere at the boiler to check the bar levels. Does this overflow even connect to the boiler as well as the water tank?

The dripping only causes a wet patch of around a 30cm circumference it does not cause a puddle and is that light, it's difficult to notice it's dripping with the naked eye.

I only noticed it because we replaced the gravel stone under it with a stone slab so it may have been at it for a while.

Anybody able to shed any light on this for me please, is it simply doing it's job?

Regards,

FW

Sponsored Links
its the discharge from your unvented cylinder

should be a sticker ont he side of it explaining how to sort it

nowt to do with the Icos

:)

;)

Cheers Corgiman !!!!!

Opened the door and there it is, the infamous sticker staring me in the face.

Something for me to do tomorrow !!!!!!

Out of interest, would this cause any problems if not treated?

well it aint good to have water flowing into the tun dish as it will leak out and cause damage

good luck for tomorrow

Sponsored Links
OK I'm back again :LOL:

As stated in my last post some 6 months ago, I successfully stopped the water leaking into the TUN dish and down the overflow pipe.

6 Months on and problem is back. I'm comfortable with carrying out the same process again, but my question is:

Is there something more serious causing this problem as I wouldn't have expected the issue to be back so soon, if at all ?

Regards,

FW

Could be the bubble again fern

try re doing it and if it doesnt stop you will need a competant person to have a look at it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back