Quick fix for coil in hot water cylinder leak..

Egg white.

Leak fix blocks leaks not small waterways, or aav's that I've seen. The point is it's just in solution, until it gets exposed to air, then it solidifies, especially if warm. It works to a good extent on rad valve leaks and your average leaky joint. I've never seen evidence of it blocking anything, though somebody said it reacts with aluminium and causes trouble with ally h/e's. Worth asking boiler manufacturer about that.

I've used it several times, and so far it has worked. Useful on conversions to high pressure heaing. In fact I have used it "prophylactically" - ie as a bit of insurance/prevention. Quite a reasonable thing to try on a tiny cylinder h/e leak I'd have thought.

Radweld and Barsleaks do a similar job on leaky car radiators. If you haven't got the right stuff, you can use what I mentioned first.

Sponsored Links
Is this stuff any good at sealing pushfit joints i.e. the O ring?
I've always wondered if there is a way to seal a PF joint other than replacing it. Would it harm the rubber?
Also I can understand Leakfix solidifying with exposure to air - but inside a hot water cylinder full of water?
Cheers,
Djs

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back