quick Hep20 pipe question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,
I'm having a bathroom refurb. My plumbers are fantastic and I totally trust them and like them. I noticed that they were using hep20 15mm piping for the hot and cold water feeds to the bath and basin. The inside of the pipe diameter is smaller than 15mm copper piping, something they hadn't noticed til I pointed it out. Does this mean my flow rate will be affected? The guys weren't too sure but thought not. I cant seem to find anything about on the Hepworth site.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
and a 3/4 x 15mm bath tap adaptor is a sign of a lazy.............

Could you clarify what it should be? If (and we're all guessing if that's the case here) a combi provides hot water through 15mm, at what stage and indeed why would you increase pipe supply to the bath to 22mm?

yeah you are dead right, i will fit 1/2" taps to the bath cos its 15mm pipe feeding it.

yeah you are dead right, i will fit 1/2" taps to the bath cos its 15mm pipe feeding it.

Am a little confused here. Why would 3/4" taps not be appropriate with a 3/4"-15mm tap connector? Am I being stupid (it has been known ;) )

ok so the supply from a combi is 15mm.

i would as soon as practicable after the boiler,increase the pipe to 22mm to feed all hot water outlets in property.

if someone at some point has done a boiler change,removing a system or regular boiler, and a hot water cylinder, then the original hot pipework for the house would already be in 22mm(or older propertys 3/4")

i have altered "plumbers" work before where they have used 15mm plastic underneath floorboards( a lot easier than notching out for 22mm,or they just didnt bring any 22mm) to feed a bath. it took an eternity to fill using 15mm.

and i am not taking the p iss

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back