Quick quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BEfore i get someone in to have a look at my Vokera Flowmatic RS 20/80 which i suspect may be goosed from what various people have said, what would you fine folks recommend as a replacement for a 3 bed house, only 2 persons living in, hardly use bath?

What would it be, and what is a guide price for parts / fitting?

Cheers

Please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831. Around £1800 + VAT all in inc powerflush, just seen where you are, maybe a bit cheaper up your way according to some posters on here from the Manchester area.

price would be around the same up here in the grime and very very wet north west.

Sponsored Links
Just so i know what i am paying for, one of the Vaillant Boilers mentioned is available roughly for £841.30 inc VAT.

This means fitting and powerflush is around £1200?

Someone else recommended Worcester. Is it just semantics and personal installer preference?

Someone else recommended Worcester. Is it just semantics and personal installer preference?

A major problem with asking for such advice - everyone likes different boilers for different reasons.

Vaillant seem extremely popular - so I am assuming their build quality has gone up since the last couple of iterations of the TurboMax and Ecomax. Worcester would appear to be on the downturn - although we've not had problems with any that we've fitted (touch wood).

Given a choice I would not fit either - although Worcester are our standby brand.

Dan_Robinson said:
Given a choice I would not fit either - although Worcester are our standby brand.

And your personal preference would be?

A good tip someone told me the other day was, "Ask what the fitter has installed in his own home". To me that sounds a bit dangerous. Like decorators who can't be bothered repainting their own house since they do it day in, day out.

This is my baby:

http://www.atmos.uk.com/core_files/productDoc(83).pdf

DSC00089.jpg

One day I'll get round to tidying up the plaster.

You can't fool us Dan - that's a washing machine, not a boiler. :rolleyes:

Sgt Bilko said:
Just so i know what i am paying for, one of the Vaillant Boilers mentioned is available roughly for £841.30 inc VAT.

This means fitting and powerflush is around £1200?

Most installers will be paying around £900 + vat + flue, then their mark up, warranty and other fittings etc. There is more to a boiler change than just a boiler and flue. A powerflush on its own is about £350 + vat.

Oh, and don't forget they have to warrant it for 2 years :rolleyes:

If i bought my own boiler, plus parts - would i just get fleeced another way and end up paying the same?

Not necessarily, but the installer may not be too happy with fitting something he hasn't sourced. Your warranty would probably be very limited too.

IF we ever fit a supplied boiler it is on the understanding that we are not responsible for its general operation assuming that our installation was correct.

Assuming that you are going to get fleeced is not the attitude to start with. Most decent installers can smell a pain-in-the-arse job pretty quickly - whilst getting value for money is admirable; breaking balls is not.

Remember that most tradesmen that come to your home are going to be honest and hard working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back