Quick wallpapering question........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are thinking of getting this wallpaper for out home office (feature wall) -

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...efview=lister&ts=1263570031308&isSearch=false

as we are total novices at this, is is possible to hang it horizontally instead of vertically so the lines run across the length of the room instead of down?

I believe this is how lining paper is hung so I cannot see a problem?

We feel it would look so much better hung the other way.

Any info appreciated

Sponsored Links
Cannot see a problem with that, some papers have a slight grain (texture) which may catch the eye if hung differently. Apply a test piece to the wall and see how it looks.

Also make sure that the horizontal guide line is absolutely level (don't assume the ceiling is level to use as a guide), as the stripes are quite thick and any imbalance will send your head in a spin.

Don't forget to cross line the walls, or line vertically in this case.

Hey there, it's totally nice! :) But I would suggest that you try it first to check if you will like it..

Sponsored Links
No problem with putting the paper sideways. As mentioned it is better to cross line the walls first. As the finished paper is going horizontally, put the lining paper vertically this will help stop the joints pulling apart when it dries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back