Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone can help, Im after some extractor fans:

Kitchen - 550m3/hr extraction
Bathroom - Zone 1 110m3/hr extraction
Ensuite - Zone 1 110m3/hr extraction
Toilet - 45m3/hr extraction

Anyone give any advice on what the quietest extractor fans would be to fit the bill?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use inline ducted centrifugal fans, which can then be located away from the rooms they're being used to ventilate, thus reducing noise. The kitchen may be a little more tricky, as a high extraction rate is going to mean either larger ducting or faster airflow, the latter being likely to cause noise through air turbulence.

As you have a lot of rooms to ventilate, have you considered a whole house heat recovery unit?

I find Silavent make quality and quiet fans in general

As you have a lot of rooms to ventilate, have you considered a whole house heat recovery unit?

Do you have one of these, is it any good? I'm thinking about getting one

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
I find Silavent make quality and quiet fans in general

Do you have one of these, is it any good? I'm thinking about getting one

Thanks
Tim

No, sorry, I don't. However, there's not a lot inside them to go wrong, so as long as you make sure that it's capable of giving your required extraction rates through whatever lengths of ducting will be required, I wouldn't expect any problems.

Ok no worries. If anyone else has experience of these (Heat Recovery Units) i'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Prices are a bit steep if there's not a lot inside them :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back