Quirky Fake Brick vinyl exterior cladding? (fun)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rough pebbledash house.

I was wondering if I could use expanding foam to attach a sheet of polystyrene outside (eg around doorway)?

And then apply some self adhesive brick vinyl wallpaper onto the polystyrene, eg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gzqqyn-Rem...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Or staple something onto the polystyrene, like I saw in garden centre today:

IMG_20230109_124554.jpgIMG_20230109_124540.jpg

Though I cannot find this more durable printed brick (vinyl) online, perhaps they custom made it?

Sponsored Links
No it will fall to bits re wallpaper , adhesive your better with something like grip fill however I’m not sure why you don’t just use brick slips? ‍♀️
Jake

Brick slips are probably far more expensive.

Not wallpaper, waterproof vinyl, like used in the garden centre point of sale in the pictures.

Sponsored Links
Brick slips are a bit more expensive but don’t look rubbish and will last, I understand the look you want however it’s not going to happen unless you do it right.

If you look on places such as market place you may pick up a couple of boxes cheap,

I don’t want to sound harsh but if you ask a question in here the responses will be the right way to do it.

Usually when you use brick slips you don’t need polystyrene or bc anything as you can level it out with adhesive

I would think you’d only need a couple of metres square

Re the waterproof vinyl it will discolour and the weather changes will just make it come unstuck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back