Quote for UFH combi boiler work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a rear extension job I have asked for my combi boiler to be prepped for UFH, ie. split the upstairs and downstairs loops and install valves. I've been quoted £860 for the following:

"Combi boiler & underfloor heating conversion To split heating system into 2 zones 1 for underfloor heating and 1for central heating radiators This includes pipework, 2 x 2port Honeywell zone valves, to upgrade the wiring"

In addition, I've been quoted £480 to run a cable plus flow-return pipes about 8m on a straight run (nothing in the way, the extension is empty and they will go under the floorboards) from boiler into understairs cupboard, where the manifold will be.

So about £1320 in total (weirdly they won't actually connect the flow/return pipes to the manifold for this, just "leave them ready" below the manifold).

I'm in SE London/Kent. Is this a fair quote???

Sponsored Links
Well to give you an idea. I did a extension underfloor job few months ago.
Single zone 120 mtr roll of polypipe ultra flexible pipe, clipped down. 25/60 pump. On a single zone mixing valve. With a 2 port valve wired up to a heatmiser prt v4 programmable roomstat.
Roll of edge surround pinned up on walls.
About 4mtr drop of the primary pipework on a heat only boiler.
All wired up and working.
Celotex and screed by others.
For a smidge more than you been quoted.

On a combi the 2 ports are put in as blocking valves really. So when ufh is calling that zone opens up and the spring return valve on heating stops it circulating around the radiators.

Thanks for the info. Seems to me they are a bit overpriced given that they are not laying down any of the UFH pipe, only the flow and return to the manifold and installing the valves.

Well to give you an idea. I did a extension underfloor job few months ago.
Single zone 120 mtr roll of polypipe ultra flexible pipe, clipped down. 25/60 pump. On a single zone mixing valve. With a 2 port valve wired up to a heatmiser prt v4 programmable roomstat.
Roll of edge surround pinned up on walls.
About 4mtr drop of the primary pipework on a heat only boiler.
All wired up and working.
Celotex and screed by others.
For a smidge more than you been quoted.

On a combi the 2 ports are put in as blocking valves really. So when ufh is calling that zone opens up and the spring return valve on heating stops it circulating around the radiators.
Does this mean that when the UFH is calling for heat then the upstairs radiators would not receive hot water? Wouldn't that leave the upstairs cold all winter??

Sponsored Links
Each two port gives independent control. You you can have radiators on there own. Or ufh on it's own or both together. The only caveat is during hot water production you get neither.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back