rad piping from back box to valves???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of an extension, the plumbng first fix has gone in and the pipes to the rads are 10mm plastic and terminate sticking out from a leccy backbox, central behind where the rad goes.

I haven't seen any piping done like this and was wondering what path the pipes take to the rad and should I order straight or angled TRVs?

pics or links would be great to get it right in my head
cheers
:)

Sponsored Links
Use angled valves and just drop the 10mm pipe from the box to the valve. You will only see about the last 3" before it goes in the valve.

Sponsored Links
I didn't realise they were called angled TRVs. :confused:

Don't see why they are called angle TRVs.

Look straight to me. :LOL:

Many valve manufacturers sell standard angle valves packed with an spigot bend (pushfit coupling one end and 10mm spigot on the other end)

or just use a spigot bend from the pipe manufacturer you are using

and either 10mm angled valves

or standard angled valves and a reducing set.

Saves the pipework looping down and up to the valve.

drayton make a chrome angle that fits a standard 15mm trv/lock shield but allows 10mm pushfit to be inserted.

Sorry op, I assumed in my mind using a 10mm plastic street elbow to connect pipe to valve, but as others say some come with this included.

Don't see why they are called angle TRVs.

Look straight to me. :LOL:

p1055177_l.jpg

;)

thanks for the replies guys

are there standard radiators (i know some "designer" ones do) available with connections pointing down

as the leccy boxes are plumbed from the bottom the loop of pipe would have to make quite a tight 'S' shape to come round and enter the TRV from below. If the TRV was connected to the bottom of the rad with the inlet horizontal it would be easier on the bends - especially on the smaller rads?

does that make sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back