Radaitors getting too hot when boiler is set on No1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a BIASI HE28SM/ B boiler which has been installed for around a year now. I have have the installing plumber back to look at an ongoing problems as follws;

1/ When I set the boiler to setting number 1 the radiators are getting that hot that if you touch them you could get burnt. The tempearture reading on the temperature dial is 95Degs.

2/ Also the pipes are noisy there are knocking noises which seems to be eminating from the boiler and being transmitted down the pipes which can be heard beneath floorboards and from the living room below.

Can anybody help / advise as to the reasons?

Sponsored Links
Even at MAX the temp guage should be no more than 80-85.

What has your installer said regarding this? Is the boiler out of warranty? Unfortunatley people who install boilers arent necerserilly (sp) any good and repairing them and vice versa.

The boiler could still be under warranty,check this. That temperature your reaching is borderline dangerous,just 5degrees away from boiling.contact manufacturers ASAP,thats why your pipework making such a racket

Technically the boiling point would be around 120 degrees due to it being pressurised.

Sponsored Links
At 100 would give you nasty burns. At 120, if plastic pipes are used (as often are now a days) fear the worst as these will split and let out steam (water magnified x1600, so will not be water running out of spilt pipes but all the water will instantly turn to steam). If you are close if this happens, you will soon know how a lobster feels when it gets dunked in boiling water.

Ongoing problem? sounds like a very basic fault, have you actually seen your installer’s CORGI card?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back