Radials vs Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
One stated to me that a CU cannot be taken off a ring. But garage CUs are taken off rings
Not directly.

If you put one on a fused spur it would avail you nothing that the fused spur alone would do.

I see ugly fused spurs over kitchen worktops everywhere. I believe these are not mandatory in the BS.
They might be - it depends what they are supplying.

It is frustrating for experienced engineers like myself to communicate with attitude.
Equally frustrating when ignorant people come hear and argue that they've seen 40A rings in houses no matter how many times they are told otherwise.

Equally frustrating when ignorant people come hear and argue that they've seen 40A rings in houses no matter how many times they are told otherwise.

Mr attitude, do not tell me what I saw in my house and those around me.

Equally frustrating when ignorant people come hear and argue that .....
BAS, given that you're prone to criticising other people's grammar / spelling / typing, even when their intended meaning is perfectly clear, I thought I'd re-post the above quote from your recent post :)

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Mr attitude, do not tell me what I saw in my house and those around me.
You don't know what you saw:

Or maybe you looked at an MCB that was supplying a 6mm radial, and didn't carry out tests to find out if it was a ring (this is much more likely)

Probably. I never took covers off and looked.
But you think it was probably not a 40A ring final, and you definitely didn't look to see if it was.

Equally frustrating when ignorant people come hear and argue that .....
BAS, given that you're prone to criticising other people's grammar / spelling / typing, even when their intended meaning is perfectly clear, I thought I'd re-post the above quote from your recent post :)

Kind Regards, John.
"Prone to..."

I trust you'll be able to find enough posts where I've done that to justify that assertion?

But you think it was probably not a 40A ring final, and you definitely didn't look to see if it was.

You need top read and understand what was written. By another poster, you have a problem with this.
I've read everything by you and other posters that relates to this issue.
I have seen rings with 32A mcbs at the CU, and some with 40A mcbs.
I have seen some 40A mcbs on general ring circuits in new homes.
are you sure? Much more likely on a 40A cooker radial in 6mm cable.

You have not.
NO YOU HAVE NOT
Or maybe you looked at an MCB that was supplying a 6mm radial, and didn't carry out tests to find out if it was a ring (this is much more likely)

So are you now claiming that when you replied "probably" to JohnD you weren't saying that you probably looked at an MCB that was supplying a 6mm radial, and didn't carry out tests to find out if it was a ring?

Are you now claiming that when you replied "I never took covers off and looked" that you were being untruthful, and you did actually check that the circuits were ring finals?

In short, are you now claiming that what you said to JohnD was a complete fabrication, and that "Mr attitude, do not tell me what I saw in my house and those around me" was a valid thing to say because you weren't seeing 6mm radial circuits, and you did check and test to find out that they were rings?

Please advise, because at the moment it looks as if you're making everything up as you go along.

So how did you determine that the 40A MCB was feeding a ring of 2.5 mm cable. ? Guesswork biased by a desire to connect a 20A mini consumer unit to the ring to create a 20A feed to an oven ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back