radiation fluesaver 20 gas boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can any one help my boiler works fine but when it gets to the temperature i have set it to it turns of ok but then bangs loud

Sponsored Links
Low water content boiler getting over 30 years old. good chance boiler stat is out of calibration and letting the water get too hot which shows up with banging when pump turns off

Low water content boiler getting over 30 years old. good chance boiler stat is out of calibration and letting the water get too hot which shows up with banging when pump turns off
is there any quick and easy way of stoping it thanks

Isn't that boiler supposed to have a pump overrun stat or something? I vaguely remember installing one back around 1980. Sounds like the pump is stopping too quickly as namsag said. I don't suppose anyone's got any MIs for it?

Sponsored Links
Na they never had a pump over run on them chris even though they where low water content copper.

Doubt you will get a stat for it as these date back to early to mid 70`s where renamed glowworm feulsaver when gloworm bought out radiation

Na they never had a pump over run on them chris even though they where low water content copper.

Doubt you will get a stat for it as these date back to early to mid 70`s where renamed glowworm feulsaver when gloworm bought out radiation
namsag is there anything i can do to help it stop banging its driving me mad :(

Out of interest chris does it give you a production year in manual

Choice of boiler stat gone and it is getting too hot or boiler is full of scale and it is not getting rid of it`s heat so is noisy,
My thought on this particular boiler is if the heat exchanger was badly scaled it would be noisy all the time not just as it turns off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back