Radiator AIR VENTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After installing a new chrome radiator in the bathroom I re-filled the system to find that 3 air vents are jammed, 2 downstairs, 1 up. i've purchased new vents for all round, but still cannot remove these 3! Do I need new radiators, or is there a way of removing them. Is it dangerous to put the CH back on without being vented, or can I isolate these 3 by turning both valves of to each rad! Thank you. Paul :oops:

Sponsored Links
Is it dangerous to put the CH back on without being vented....

No, it's just inefficient as far as getting heat out of the unvented ones, otherwise it's no problem.

Why can you not remove the bleed nipples? Are they broken or just seized? Have they been painted so they can't move? Tell us a little more and we will try to help.

Sponsored Links
Plumber Will said:
Why can you not remove the bleed nipples? Are they broken or just seized? Have they been painted so they can't move? Tell us a little more and we will try to help.
The blled nipples have ben rounded off from both myself and the last owners of the house, the bleed nipple casing look to be in the same sort of shape. Don't really want to replace rads yet, just want to be able to vent them with new nips, so to be more efficient. Be grateful if u have a remedy. Paul as well as getting air out of my hot water !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back