Radiator Automatic Vent - is it a fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
About three months ago had a replacement boiler (Worcestershire Bosch Greenstar 24Ri) and hot water tank.
Then for about two weeks had a bathroom radiator needing weekly vents.
Remaking a suspicious joint at the TRV connection to the radiator reduced it substantially, now takes a month to collect air (enough air that it takes say 15 to 30 seconds to bleed).
Plumber suggested an auto-matic vent attached to this radiator as being the solution.

The "system" already has an automatic vent in the airing cupboard so it seems to me that the source of the leak letting the air in should be fixed and not compensate for lost water with the consequential continual dilution of inhibitor and the out gas effects of the fresh water.

I'm convinced the problem is local to this radiator as if I isolate this radiator no other radiator collects any air.

To be honest this radiator is 25 years old and has a few rust spots round the back so i'm quite happy to replace it.

Opinions please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back