Radiator green stains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
About two months ago had a replacement boiler (Worcestershire Bosch Greenstar 24Ri) and hot water tank. Then for about two weeks had a bathroom radiator with an air leak - solved when I eventually got the plumber back to remake a suspicious joint.

anyway...
I noticed today that a bedroom radiator around the vent plug felt tacky and that the plugs at both ends of the radiator were more green than i've noticed before.
I might be getting paranoid but so do a few others look more green than i remember.
These are 25 year old steelrad radiators.

When the boiler was changed the system was power flushed and I found an empty inhibitor bottle in the loft so I can assume that was added.

My questions as
Is this to be expected that a powerflush might "disturb" seals?
Can an inhibitor ever be corrosive?
Did the previous air in the system cause the initial corrosion & i'll not got any further?

sorry for the long post & thanks for the previous help.

Sponsored Links
When powerflushing it is always possible that leaks will be found afterwards.

I always have a disclaimer in my quotes saying leaks will be fixed but not included in the quote.

it is the chemical cleanser that does this rather than the inhibitor.

You should not have any leaks or 'tacky' areas at all.

Any water leaking out will be constantly replaced by fresh water from your f & e tank and this will keep the corrosion process alive and eating away inside your system.

Fix all leaks and drips asap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back