radiator cold at bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The system is running off a Worcester 24cdi which works fine without any unusual noises and plenty of hot water. All the rads are hot upstairs and also the one at the bottom of the stairs, however, the large rad in the lounge is very hot from midway up and warm/hottish across the bottom. I have taken it outside and flushed it with a hosepipe although the water ran clear. I have also changed the thermostat - no different. Today I turned all the other rads off, but it stayed the same.
Any ideas guys :?:

Sponsored Links
How big is the rad,is it a double panel and what size are the pipes going to it

has the rad always been like this or has it just changed

It's a double panel rad with 10mm feed. I don't know when the change happened as it was in a house I've had rented out and just got back.

Sponsored Links
Please explain Kev for the uninitiated such as myself..

Cheers Kev. Is there anything I can do to improve it?

Yeah the lockshield is fully open and the feed pipe is red hot. It's also the last rad to get up to temperature which again supports your theory. Don't much fancy putting bigger pipes in though, so I guess I'll just hope for an early summer :)
Thanks again Kev

You could try reducing the flow through some of the other rads by closing the lockshield valves a bit. If the feeds to the big rad really are 10mm, you'll probably have a problem getting much more flow through them but it's worth a try. Also, you may make the pipes noisy by forcing too much water through a small diameter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back