Radiator feed order from boiler

Boiler is a Potterton Suprima 50
The maximum flow temperature you give is only 58°C. What do you have the temperature control set to on the boiler? (Min=55°C, Max=82°C)? Do you have it turned down so the water from the Hot taps is not too hot?.

Boiler thermostat is set to approx ¾, doesn't have any temperature markings on it. Minimum is approx 10 o'clock, maximum is approx 8 o'clock. I have it set to approx 5 o'clock position.

Sponsored Links
Boiler thermostat is set to approx ¾, doesn't have any temperature markings on it. Minimum is approx 10 o'clock, maximum is approx 8 o'clock. I have it set to approx 5 o'clock position.
That's about 74°C, if my calculations are correct.

Is it always at this setting or have you turned it down for the summer? If you have a separate thermostat on your HW cylinder to control the HW temperature, there is no real need to turn the boiler down in the summer. But if you can only control the HW temperature by turning the boiler stat down, your setting is understandable.

Have you measured the flow and return temperatures at the boiler? This will give an indication of what you should get at each radiator.

Is it always at this setting or have you turned it down for the summer?

It's always at this.

If you have a separate thermostat on your HW cylinder to control the HW temperature, there is no real need to turn the boiler down in the summer. But if you can only control the HW temperature by turning the boiler stat down, your setting is understandable.

HW Cylinder has a separate thermostat, set at 60 degrees C.

Have you measured the flow and return temperatures at the boiler? This will give an indication of what you should get at each radiator.

Not had heating on since taking the original reads. As soon as we need heating I'll checks temps. Is my boiler thermostat set too low then? I think I read on here once that the ideally it should be about ¾, this gives best efficiency or something?

Thanks again for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back