Nearest radiator to the boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

What is the easiest/straightforward way to tell the order of radiators from the boiler? I want to balance the system but don't know which radiator to tackle first.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Knowing the relative distance from the boiler (pump) is irrelevant; you'll be balancing on temperature drop so once you know these you'll know where to start and which order to throttle back.

Mathew

Sponsored Links
If you turn off all the radiators, I'd start turning on the biggest radiators, as they need most flow and have most effect on the pressure of the rest of the balanced system. In the end, it doesn't really matter as you should go round and adjust all the radiators again.

Balancing radiators generally reduces flow through the boiler. You should check the temperature rise across the boiler as it heats up. This should be within limits for the boiler. If the temperature rise is too high, the boiler might cut out to protect itself or, worst case, crack the heat exchanger.

I've had 2 cracked heat exchangers, even with a low loss header. But, that's Kestons for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back