Servowarm Supreme Central Heating

Does anyone know old this appliance might be?

I was thinking pre 1979, but the LCD display made me think again...

Sponsored Links
They were simple cheap and very reliable and inefficient! A full system for £999.

There are still a few left in use! Probably not many though!

Only rather annoying is they dont make the spare parts available in the open market.

As a matter of interest how do BG get spare parts for this model?

Tony

Any idea of how old these Servowarm Master Radiator systems are?

AFAIK, the LCD display is part of a Drayton timer they used to put in the lid.

Seen a few of these still going recently, did a quote last week. Normal water bottle on the 1st floor. 15mm pipework everywhere.

Typical Servowarm, no expense spent.

Sponsored Links
Try British gas we have the same system as yours and they have just repaired it on the homecover 200 package cost £28 per year for 12 months unlimited parts & labour cover just give them a call cheaper than anyone else who normally charge £40 to £80 just to come out of the van

I am sorry to doubt you but I just cannot believe that you get full cover for only £28 per full year!

Tony

this is actually £28.50 a month i have just signed up to it and the guy came out this morning and told me that British Gas are not allowed to touch these systems and that they are no obscelete and i need a new boiler, so i am now having to wait until Monday until i can get someone to come out to give me a quote on one, and bearing in mind i have NO heating whatso ever at the moment. im pretty Peed Off!! im cancelling Homecare if they cant even touch my heating!

Eh, you wont have to cancel they already will have done it and you will get any money paid back.

What are you peed off about, the fact that you where too tight to change a 33 year old boiler before it broke down in the cold weather or the fact that BG guy is not capable of working miracles by fixing a boiler they have not made parts for , for about 20 years.

If anybody called me to one of these, I would still have a go at fixing it as long as it was not leaking !

Tony

Surely not Agile would this not throw your 100% first time fix success rate out ,where would you source the parts or are you just trying to sound a smart as#[/img]

I only expect to get 95-98% of boilers/systems working on my first visit. That can sometimes involve temporary fixes.

But that is only when I am given the boiler make and model and a good description of the fault so that I can be prepared with the likely spares.

The last Servowarm I fixed was a faulty gas valve solenoid. I find them pretty reliable and the only common faults are the t/c, gas valve and pump so all standard parts which are available.

Tony

loved your rude replies, my boiler bears the sticker converted from town gas and appart from a new thermocouple has performed perfectly without even a service since 1983 (when i moved in) obviously designed as a replacement for a back boiler, (a niche that still needs to be filled as i understand the other option of gas fire with boiler behind, is not the now required condensing boiler )i,m sure a newer one would use less gas but this has been easily offset over the years by the total lack of the need for any service visits (most people i know have had several breakdowns and boiler replacements in the period i have owned this system)am waiting for a suitable replacement to come on the market (servowarm has never bothered to reply to my queries)i would ask a question about its current tendancy to run hot even on the lowest setting but obviously would not get a sensible reply. best regards, tight but happy and more money in my pocket git

There was a Servowarm Master radiator boiler in the Science Museum - 20 years ago!

I remember them being advertised in Radio Times in the mid 60s.

Juno, you seem very smug at your saving by not having your boiler serviced thus ignoring any safety aspects and placing your family at risk which we would usually point out but as wives and children cost money one would expect you to live on your own as thats cheaper.

But then you have totally ignored the effect people with your attitude have on the future of the planet by creating twice as much CO² as a modern boiler.

Nor have you apparently kept up to date with current condensing back boiler availability.

You probably still drive a Morris Minor 1000 ( or even the earlier and cheaper split screen 803cc model ? ).

Maybe also wear corderoy trousers as they are thick ( and old fashioned, but so what ? Its cheaper not to be fashionable! ) and enable you to set the room temperature lower and save more gas.

Tony

yes your right, baxi are making a condensing back boiler, but i really want heat only, so a bit galling for a tight wad like me to pay for a unit with capabilities i,m not going to use, and will i have to sell the porsche, and stop wearing armani to pay for the serviceing ?.

on closer inspection of the blurb i think it might be heat only, this line threw me "Despite its compact size, a back boiler is more than capable of fulfilling all heating and hot water needs. Back boilers are reliable too, and allow homeowners to run hot water from several taps at once without issue." i suppose they mean if the water run through a circulater in a hot water tank, so it looks like a possibility, would i have to have the chimmny lined ?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back