Servowarm Supreme Central Heating

The question seems to imply some complication.

Its only a two wire connection across the room stat connection points ( if any, or to replace the timeclock ).

Thats assuming you have very basic ability to do simple wiring. Otherwise get it done by a competent person.

Tony

err servowarm is the clue :rolleyes:

if your not sure ask scruff :idea:

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,
Thanks for your latest reply. No problem with the electrical connection (by the way no room stat just the boiler stat) it was the practicallity of getting at the connections, swinging the radiator on it's swivel joint is a bit scary.
Bob

I dont advise anyone to swing the rad ! They usually leak afterwards and the seals are probably no longer available.

As far as I recall there is only one connection to the boiler and thats the 240v supply to operate the gas valve when heat is needed. Thats if the pump is elsewhere.

The programmable stat can be wired in series with the live supply to the boiler.

Tony

Hi again Tony,
Unfortunately the pump is behind the radiator. I can get at the gas solenoid valve supply wires from below the radiator but not the pump wires, which are only just visible through the gap twixt the wooden surround and the top of the radiator, it would require keyhole surgery to get at them.

Sponsored Links
Tony,

Resolved the problem by fitting a progarmmable timer on the mains input. The reason I wanted to get at the pump wiring was so that I could control it inependantly and have it running on after the boiler program had switched off but not possibkle to do this. Any problem in switching the boiler and pump off at the same time apart from having a boiler full of useless hot water?

Bob

the hinges come apart pretty easily. It should be posssible to find replacement o-rings, but instead I just carefully wrapped a turn or two of ptfe around the o-ring areas, put them back together and they worked perfectly. Certainly beats giving up on an otherwise functional system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back