Radiator heating help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all!

I'm new to this forum and hoping one of you good people can help me :)
Basically I'm clueless when it comes to boilers as I come from South Africa where there is no such thing lol.

My boiler is working as the pilot flame is there and when you adjust the settings the flame gets bigger etc. I have hot water but nothing coming through the radiators since about 3 days ago. We have tried different settings, moving the timer all sorts but just cant get it to work. I can hear the radiators 'ticking' as if they are warming up, but they are not. It looks like a really old boiler (Thorn EMI M56/76)

Can anyone help??

Many thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the UK mate. Your best move is to call in a fully qualified time-served Gas Safe registered engineer. Ask for a recommendation at work or anyone you know that lives near you. This time of year all the good guys are busy, so do it without delay.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back