Radiator Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just wondering if someone could give me some advice please. We have our C/H on and all bar one radiator is working.

I have tried bleeding the cold radiator but it's already full of water?

What else if anything can I try before calling in the professionals?

TIA

H

Sponsored Links
Does the radiator have thermostatic valves, if so check to see if the pin has not seized up.
If you remove the head of the control and gently press the pin so it will go up/down.
Also check that the valves on both flow/return are open.

Sponsored Links
The controller on at present has numbers 1 to 5 but I don't know if its thermostatic or not sorry?

Many thanks for the Youtube links been through them all apart from draining the system cant think of anything else to try. Looks like a job for the professionals :cry:

There could be a blockage in the pipes, you would need to close the valves, open the nuts connecting the valves to tails of radiator to both flow/return, the water would need collecting whilst doing this.
Then try opening the valves and see if you have water flowing at a decent rate, again this water will need collecting.
If you do not have good water flow from either flow/return, it is likely you have debris/blockage in that part of pipe.
But it could be that the valves are not opening or they also have debris inside.

There could be a blockage in the pipes, you would need to close the valves, open the nuts connecting the valves to tails of radiator to both flow/return, the water would need collecting whilst doing this.
Then try opening the valves and see if you have water flowing at a decent rate, again this water will need collecting.
If you do not have good water flow from either flow/return, it is likely you have debris/blockage in that part of pipe.
But it could be that the valves are not opening or they also have debris inside.

Possibly getting a little more technical than I can do safely but thanks for the advice so far. :confused:

Probably best to do some research on balancing your heating system before you call anybody out, a quick read on the internet and an hour of your time could possibly sort out your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back