Radiator help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
moving into new house and was decorating (radiators and hot water working) i bumped into a radiator and then noticed a leak on the pipe going in to the radiator (at the bit where you can choose what heat setting you want 1,2,3,4 etc) was quite a bit leak not just a drip the water was sort of flowing down the pipe anyway i turned the inlet pipe off and then to be safe the boiler off, took an hour to fix leak, but when i turned the boiler back on, it is giving hot water (sort off) but all the radiators are staying cold?? any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
Go on, give us a bit more of a clue as to what boiler and system etc you have. There are only about 3000 + boilers to choose from.

Sorry not sure as not there at the moment, think its pretty old, got a guy coming to see it tomorrow, was just wondering if anyone had a general idea, i.e probably needs bled, or something inside the boiler itself. just strange that it worked great, then i turn it off and now its gone weird, apparently the hot water not working now either. but it "fires up" when you turn the tap on just the water comes out cool

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back