Radiator Isolation.

Sponsored Links
One valve shut stops the circulation and the radiator will cool.
If you want to remove the rad, then both valves must be off.
John :)

One valve shut stops the circulation and the radiator will cool.
If you want to remove the rad, then both valves must be off.

The TVR is closed but the lockshield is open. If there's a leak in the air release vent, will the boiler pressure drop ?

Sponsored Links
TRV's allow a slight passage of water even when fully off, so if the radiator is to be removed, the valve needs to be capped for safety.
When any closed system is bled - either to release air or water - the pressure will drop......the same applies to any automatic bleed valve thats passing water.

TRV's allow a slight passage of water even when fully off, so if the radiator is to be removed, the valve needs to be capped for safety.
When any closed system is bled - either to release air or water - the pressure will drop......the same applies to any automatic bleed valve thats passing water.

So if I bleed an isolated radiator, the boiler loses pressure ? [/b]

You lose pressure as you've found out.

I looked for leaks and saw some rust in the air release valve , there was no visible leak but it must have been leaking because I can see the rust. It was slightly open so I closed it. I'm now hoping that the boiler pressure remains the same, if it doesn't i'll have to continue searching for a leak in the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back