radiator keeps coming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not in the trade so excuse the ignornace ! As it is supposed to be warmer now I have turned off the central heating via the sliding switch on the front of the heating boiler.
I have a small radiator in the upstairs bathroom which is about 3 feet away from the tank located inside the cupboard - however despite the 3 way switch inside the pipes obvioulsy doing there job and stopping hot water from heating up all of my radiators, this little one bursts into heat when the water is being heated. Someone mentioned that it is a expansion/escape thing for the tank but how does hot water get to it the 3 way switch stops water getting into the sytem - or is it the last radiator on the cycle and not as I thought the first???

Sponsored Links
phil1963 said:
or is it the last radiator on the cycle and not as I thought the first???

Nope; not the first or the last :eek: :eek: this little devil is not on the cycle at all :confused: :confused: the rad is being used as a by-pass and is connected to the primary circuit which feeds the cylinder :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back