Radiator near thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read that the radiators in room of thermostat should not be fitted with TRV's.

If retrofitting a wireless thermostat in a room where there is a TRV or of out was fitted in error would it help to set them on Max or do they need to be removed?

Sponsored Links
If you don't like the appearance when the top is removed, just replace it and set it to Max.

Thanks all. So which one is it?

If setting to max does the job then I'd rather do that. Is this correct?

Sponsored Links
Remove the head.

You could loosen the head so that it wasn't acting on the pin but still looked aesthetically pleasing

Thanks all. So which one is it?

If setting to max does the job then I'd rather do that. Is this correct?
Yes.

Setting to max would provide a room temperature of about 26-28°C -if the rads were large enough. The TRV will be fully open if the temperature is more than 2°C below that. For a typical room thermostat setting of 20-21°C the TRV will therefore be fully open - same as if the head was removed.

Not only do they look silly without the head but the sticking out pin is a hazard to very young kids!

Tony

What TRV do you have?

I have same scenario with a Myson TRV. Myson TRVs have two metal tabs around the underside of the head that can be moved and slotted in to set the head between to tolerances. I set the min tab to the max so the head can't be moved at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back