Radiator needs frequent bleeding

no.

if you had a leak the pressure would go down.

check to see if the filling loop is passing =>filling all the time.

Sponsored Links
So it is probably an inhibitor problem if there is no leak?

Here is my filling loop. If I wanted to add inhibitor via there, how do I unscrew it?

View media item 5229

no its not. you are not listening. forget this fixation you have about adding magic potions to rectify fault, it wont.

it is desirable to add an inhibitor once this problem is sorted out.

yes that is your filling loop.

check to see if the filling loop is passing =>filling all the time.

Well if it isn't a leak what could it be then?

I have no fixation on anything , I am just asking questions as I have no idea what it could be. I read about hydrogen gas which can cause this and inhibitor can help stop it which is why I mentioned inhibitor.

I said already that the filling loop isn't filling all the time as it has a valve that you have to turn to fill the boiler up. I haven't turned that in ages so no more water is getting in.

Sponsored Links
listen carefully.

on a sealed system, if you let air out regularly the pressure will go down.

if you have a leak, the pressure will go down.

you are saying the pressure does not go down.

we have to determine why, before anything else.

you are right the filling loop tap is in the off position.

how do you know water is still not coming through ?

check.

if you methodically check everything asked of you we should get to the bottom of this.

its no good keep asking unrelated questions if you are not prepared to reciprocate by carrying out simple checks when asked to.

remember i am offering to help & it is costing you nothing.

someone else take over, i've got to spend my time fixing heating systems to earn some money now.

The filling loop makes a filling noise from the water when it is filling. It is not currently doing this. How can I make sure that it isn't filling?

I am happy to check anything and I have done so far. I checked all around for leaks and I checked the filling loop when asked to

disconnect the flexi tube & try not to get wet.

then it is proven.

I am assuming I disconnect the end that isn't connected to that black tap shown in my photo?

Do I need any special tools to do this?

Many thanks

either end. but the one by the tap looks fav.

should be hand tight (but might not).

undo slowly.& not all the way straight away.

if all ok just a little water should escape.

if water wont stop. well i'll get to that if necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back