Radiator not getting hot neither is pipe work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator in my living room which is not getting hot, water is coming through the valves and it's been bled. I drained it and changed one of the valves' (not TRVs) when I filled the rad back up the pipe on the right hand side got hot but now it's gone cold again (valve fully open) the left hand side still has the old valve on it and is currently closed. I can post a pic of the old valve if necessary. Any help would be fantastic

Sponsored Links
Open the other valve to get water flowing, if this is a wind up i fell for it :oops:

Turn on heating and turn off all hot radiators, check cold radiator to see if it is getting hot. If it is, then you will need to balance the radiators.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Make sure both valves are open, then close the other rads to force water/air through the pipework, then open the other rads back up.

Right so this worked for one cycle. I turned all other rads off and the one which wasn't working got hot and it stayed like that for one cycle. I balanced all other rads and now it's not working again. It's almost like the water in that rad just isn't heating up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back