radiator only heats up when other rads off. Please help!

Its a drayton valve body but the head has a capillary tube and a small phial sensor head which is placed about 1/3 up the cylinder.

Its a very simple system and fine when the heating is on.

Unfoprtunately when the heating is off and the cylinder is up to temperature it leaves the boiler cycling which is very inefficient.

Fitting a full set of controls would probably save about 25% on your gas bill.

We used to do that for £240 if wired connects were possible.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Pipe thermometers are useful, but they are very slow reacting to temperature changes; so balancing takes a long time -which you will have found out by now. ;)

Balancing procedure:...

Well, I followed your balancing procedure and my cold rad is now hot! Thank you so much D_Hailsham, you have helped me so much you can't imagine! This had been causing so much stress for such a long time!

I will soon be using my brand new WARM dining room! :D :D :D :D

Thank you to everyone for your input; it is all greatly appreciated... I just wish I had come here first before spending money on those cowboy plumbers.... oh well, we live and learn... Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back