Radiator placement

i replaced the radiators in bedroom, to those tall rads - waste of time, the rads are actually bigger surface area then the small old rads we removed
they are hot to touch , and are near to a door into the hall (bungalow) , this is where the other half wanted them and size etc
very expensive , and I worked out the BTU and these are 50% more then i needed
BUT Useless - great for putting a towel over , but not great for heating the room - big mistake changing to those , and we had a plumber do it all , as the pipework all needed changing to fit the new position.

i would as suggested , not consider that to be 4000BTU and see what the other radiators can bring to make up the 8000

my lounge is 10,000 and just changed 2 radiators imperial size and about 510x1220 to type21 - 600x1200 - only because they where a LOT cheaper and rated at 5,500 each , and the difference in the room is incredible . Flow temp at 65C and adjusted to minimum flow , used temp flow & return as best as i could

Sponsored Links
i replaced the radiators in bedroom, to those tall rads - waste of time, the rads are actually bigger surface area then the small old rads we removed
they are hot to touch , and are near to a door into the hall (bungalow) , this is where the other half wanted them and size etc
very expensive , and I worked out the BTU and these are 50% more then i needed
BUT Useless - great for putting a towel over , but not great for heating the room - big mistake changing to those , and we had a plumber do it all , as the pipework all needed changing to fit the new position.

i would as suggested , not consider that to be 4000BTU and see what the other radiators can bring to make up the 8000

my lounge is 10,000 and just changed 2 radiators imperial size and about 510x1220 to type21 - 600x1200 - only because they where a LOT cheaper and rated at 5,500 each , and the difference in the room is incredible . Flow temp at 65C and adjusted to minimum flow , used temp flow & return as best as i could
I feel your pain.

'er indoors wants all the rads hidden away in rad covers or changed to vertical to reduce the wall footprint.

I've fitted rad covers and with some fettling (Open type covers with heat reflectors behind the rads and cut outs for the TRVs) they are working ok but it's a compromise. A vertical rad will be useless though.

There are contemporary vertical convecting K2 rads that look good, come in various colours and designs but actually heat the room properly. Not cheap though, like everything good these days

1700656550199.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back